A karaoke machine is an essential piece of equipment for any home. Many people spend hours in their free time singing along to their favorite songs, whether they’re chilling out in the house alone or having a party at home.
Karaoke machines are very specialized pieces of equipment, but, if you’ve ever wanted to take your singing experience up another notch, there’s no need to purchase an expensive new amp when you can instead hook up your karaoke system.
So, can you use a karaoke machine as an amp?
Yes, you can turn your karaoke system into an amp with just a few simple steps. Instead of using the built-in speakers on the karaoke machine, you can then hook it up to another device that will give you better sound quality.
There are two ways that this can be done: either by turning off the internal speakers of your karaoke machine or by buying an amplifier for the purpose of connecting to your karaoke machine.
How do I use my karaoke machine as an amp?
Turning off internal speakers
1. Start by disconnecting all cables from your karaoke unit except for the power cable, if it’s still plugged in.
2. Turn off any external speakers on your karaoke machine by pressing the ‘Master Volume’ button until the lights dim.
3. Turn off the volume nob of any external speaker that you have connected to your karaoke system.
4. Put some headphones into the headphone jack on your karaoke machine – this will disconnect any internal speakers from being turned on, but it will still play all sound effects, if applicable, through the headphone jack.
An amplifier for sensitive microphones only
1. Purchase an amplifier designed for miniature microphones (also called piezo pickups). These can be purchased online or in-store at most specialty music stores.
2. Plug your guitar cable into one end of the amp box and plug your guitar’s output port into the other end.
3. Plug your karaoke machine into the amp using another guitar cable and turn on both devices.
Whether you’re looking to connect additional speakers or an amplifier, there are many different options available for use with your karaoke machine.
Designed specifically to improve sound quality without wires getting in the way, FM transmitters can be used with nearly any device that has Bluetooth capability, including MP3 players and mobile phones.
If you’d rather not deal with extra cables, wireless microphones are also an option for connecting external speakers to a karaoke machine instead of using its internal ones. These microphones will hook into any receiver that is capable of picking up FM broadcasts.
Can you use a karaoke machine as a PA system?
In addition to using a karaoke machine as an amp, many people also want to know if they can use a karaoke system as a PA system. A public address, or PA, system is one that lets you broadcast music and announcements to a large group of people without the help of an external speaker.
Using your karaoke equipment as a PA system, however, will require multiple speakers and additional cables for connecting them together. In order to use your equipment in this way, be sure to follow these steps:
1. Purchase at least two better quality speakers with wires long enough for each speaker to receive its own power source near where it will be used. You’ll also need enough microphones or other input sources to supply the speakers with music.
2. Connect a power source to each speaker and make sure all of your devices are turned on.
3. Plug one end of an audio cable into the karaoke machine’s “AUX OUT” port and plug the other end of this cable into both speakers, making sure that you switch which speaker is plugged into which socket so they’re not receiving the same signal at once (don’t plug both speakers into one output).
4. Use another stereo cable to connect a microphone or another input device to each speaker if desired, using either AUX IN or MIC IN ports on your karaoke system as necessary.
5. Check your connections and try speaking through a microphone near each speaker to make sure they’re receiving a signal.
Once you have everything connected, turn the karaoke machine’s music down and talk into a microphone to check that the sound is coming through your speakers. If not, check all of your connections and try again until it works as desired.
There are many different ways that you can connect external speakers or an amplifier to your karaoke machine in order to improve sound quality. Whether you’re looking for a more powerful amp or just want to be able to move around while singing, there is definitely an option out there that will work for you. Have any tips of your own? Let us know in the comments!